- Establishment of the bank in the Netherlands as part of Fiba Group under the name Finansbank.
- Starting capital: less than 10 million euro. Focus on international trade finance.
- Since its incorporation, the bank is under full supervision of the Dutch Central Bank.
- Expansion to Germany by opening a branch in Frankfurt.
- Opening a branch in Antwerp, Belgium.
- Sale of Finansbank AS, Turkey, to the National Bank of Greece. The shift in the owner structure led to a rebranding from Finansbank into Credit Europe Bank. As another consequence of the sale, the Russian bank in the group became a subsidiary of Credit Europe Bank.
- Start of a greenfield operation in Ukraine, and opening a branch in Malta. Opening representative offices in China (Shanghai) and in Turkey (Istanbul).
- After a group restructuring, the existing Romanian and Swiss banking entities became direct subsidiaries of Credit Europe Bank. Also, a subsidiary in Dubai was incorporated.
- Acquisition of a 95% shareholding in Millennium Bank in Turkey, a (former) subsidiary of the Portugese BCP.
- In December, the bank transfers its shareholding in Fibabanka AS, formerly known as Millennium Bank to Fiba Holding AS.
- Credit Europe Bank celebrates its 25th anniversary!