The Audit and Risk Committee is a Supervisory Board committee whose main function is to advise the Supervisory Board on the following matters:
- the Bank’s risk management activities and its internal control systems;
- the quality and integrity of the Bank’s financial information;
- the role and activities of the Internal Audit department; and,
- the bank's risk profile & risk appetite.
The Financial & Non-Financial Risk Committees are the subcommittees of the Managing Board established to assist the Managing Board in its oversight of
- the Bank’s risk governance structure;
- the Bank’s risk management and risk assessment practices;
- the Bank’s financial and non-financial risk profiles and the Bank’s risk appetite;
- the efficiency of the Bank’s internal control system.
The Bank operates a comprehensive asset and liability management (ALM) process. It includes supervision of local ALM committees responsible for setting limits on interest-rate, liquidity, currency and trading risks. It further oversees management of consolidated liquidity and interest-rate positions and capital structure. Policy- and standard-setting for transfer pricing are also covered by ALM. Thanks to its sound and proactive asset-liability management principles, CEB NV operated with relatively comfortable liquidity during the financial crisis.
In this Credit Committee credit proposals on balance sheet-, project-, object- and marine finance are discussed. International Corporate Credit Committee consists of 5 voting/permanent members: Chief Executive Officer, Chief Risk Officer, Division Director Corporate Credits/Corporate Lending, Department Manager Corporate Lending & Subsidiary Coordination and Department Manager Corporate Lending & Project Finance. All individual credit decisions particularly on limit establishment, renewal or increase should be taken unanimously.
In this Credit Committee credit proposals on structured trade and commodity finance are discussed. International STCF Credit Committee consists of 4 voting/permanent members: Chief Executive Officer, Chief Risk Officer. Department Manager Corporate Credits/STCF and Department Manager Structured Trade & Commodity Finance. All individual credit decisions particularly on limit establishment, renewal or increase should be taken unanimously.