Credit Europe Bank processes personal data for the purposes of ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of its business operations. It is done in such a way that privacy is protected and safeguarded. Every office of Credit Europe Bank can provide you with further information on this.
Please find below further information on the processing of personal data by Credit Europe Bank NV, representing our offices in Belgium, China, Germany, Malta, The Netherlands and Turkey. Please click on the country name for information of our offices in:
United Arab Emirates | Romania | Russia | Switzerland | Ukraine.
Privacy statement Credit Europe Bank NV
Click here to view the privacy statement for private individuals.
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person such as of a(n) ultimate beneficial owner, director, person with signing authority or other contact person of the (potential) customer. Customers are kindly requested to supply this privacy statement to such natural persons whose personal data are or may be processed by Credit Europe Bank.
Click here for the pdf-version of the privacy statement for businesses.
Purposes of data processing
Personal data will be processed by Credit Europe Bank for the purposes of ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of its business operations, and, in particular, for the following activities:
- the assessment and acceptance of customers and potential customers, the conclusion and performance of contracts with a customer and the settlement of payment transactions;
- the analysis of personal data for statistical and scientific purposes;
- the performance of (targeted) marketing activities designed to establish a relationship with a potential customer and/or maintain or extend a relationship with a customer, including sending marketing information about products and/or services that may be of interest to the customer or potential customer;
- the safeguarding of the security and integrity of the financial sector, including the identification, prevention, investigation, and combating of conduct or attempted conduct (punishable or reprehensible) directed against the industry to which Credit Europe Bank belongs, the group to which Credit Europe Bank belongs, Credit Europe Bank, its customers, potential customers, and its staff, as well as the use of, and participation in, warning systems;
- compliance with statutory obligations; and/or
- the management of a relationship with a customer or potential customer.
When carrying out these activities, Credit Europe Bank may employ other companies, both in and outside the bank. These companies may be based in countries outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") that do not offer privacy protection comparable to that offered by countries within the EEA pursuant to the European Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC. For the purposes of executing payment instructions, personal data may also be exchanged with recipients who are based in countries outside the EEA. Intermediaries and/or data processing centres may be based in various locations worldwide. Both during and following the processing of personal data, the data may be the subject of investigation by the competent national authorities and/or competent supervisory authorities of the countries where this data is held.
In order to protect personal data, Credit Europe Bank has made the necessary contractual arrangements and complies with applicable laws, rules and regulations (including the European Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC).
Telephone conversations may be recorded
Telephone conversations with Credit Europe Bank may be recorded for the following purposes:
- to provide evidence including in relation to differences of interpretation or disagreements concerning the content of the telephone conversation;
- to investigate and detect fraud;
- to evaluate the quality of services; and/or
- training, coaching and appraisal purposes.
Personal data via the website of Credit Europe Bank
You can set your browser so that it does not accept (certain) cookies. If you do so, you can still visit the public website of Credit Europe Bank, but may not be able to use Online Banking.
Personal data obtained through the website are processed in accordance with this privacy statement. This privacy statement does not apply to third party websites that are linked to the website of Credit Europe Bank.
Credit Europe Bank and her companies may use your personal data to determine which products and/or services may be of interest to you and to inform you of these, either upon request or on our own initiative, for example, by post, telephone or e-mail. To the extent necessary, it will be presumed that where a customer or its contact person has made electronic contact data available to Credit Europe Bank, this is also done for the purpose of sending unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
You may at any time object to the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes and/or the receipt or further receipt of specific or all types of marketing information. Objections can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to access and correct personal data
Under the applicable laws, rules and regulations (including the European Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC) you have certain rights. For example, within the limits of the applicable laws, rules and regulations you have the right to request whether your personal data - and which personal data - are being processed. If the personal data is factually inaccurate, incomplete or irrelevant, or is being processed in any other way which infringes a legal provision, you can request that such data be corrected, supplemented, deleted or blocked.
Additional information German Branch
Click here for the additional information on personal data protection in case you are serviced by our German office. In the event of any inconsistency between the additional information and this Privacy Statement, the additional information shall prevail.
Credit Europe Bank may amend this privacy statement from time to time. You can look into the latest version via the hyperlink ‘Privacy’ on Credit Europe Bank’s website.